FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:35 am
jameswes

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pennystinkard
If I want to redeem a room for a family of 4 (all adults), would it cost more than the 20k points a night for the standard room? If I booked a suite for 32k points, would they let 4 people stay without paying out extra points?
Officially, the suite accommodates 4. If you can book it that way, it's allowed.

The standard rooms all accommodate 3. So to do 4 you should politely ask the hotel if it is permissible for a family of 4 to be in a standard room. If you can float the points, I'd suggest the following:
- Book the hotel (putting in 3 guests) for a standard room @ 20K points.
- Contact the hotel. Try to get the GM of other high level operations person contact information. Given language differences, email or other written communication is probably best. Say that you have a room booked, but noticed that their official occupancy limit is 3, but you're a family of four and wondering if you'd be able to still come and stay in that room even if there's four people. Be polite, short and clear.
* If they say no, ask to change the reservation to the suite (@32K points)
* If they say yes: Get it in writing somewhere, and you're good to go. If you're globalist you don't officially get benefits for the 3rd & 4th adult, but most hotels tend to give it to you anyway.