FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:29 am
Pamplona

Programs: LH Senator, AF/KL Platinum Ultimate, Le Club Accor Hotels Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Platinum
Just back from my first return trip as Ultimate passenger on KL metal, with stop-over in AMS again.

Same as on the inbound journey, still nothing better to report compared to previous Platinum benefits during check-in, X-ray, lounge, boarding, catering, disembarkink, transfer, boarding, BUT, haha, on the connecting flight, an hostess came to me, with a smiling Good afternoon Mr XXX, how are you today?

Wow, I am so happy that I reached the Ultimate level... That will make my frequent traveller life much more enjoyable now...

As an example today, what I missed the most -compared to an arrival in FRA or MUC as LH HON- is the limousine service. We parked in AMS at an oustanding position (terminal B) and I departed from another oustanding position in Terminal B again. I had 45 minutes connection time between landing (luckily on time) and departure; that’s really short when you board the bus as first passenger (being sitted in raw 1), need to wait for the last passenger to board the bus, drive all the way to the central terminal, and walk all the way back to B... Of course that’s all feasible, but this is exactly the comfort provided by LH to people who are doing that 2-3 times a week! No need to run in airports anymore.

Next trial on Monday again, with KL again (and again via AMS); hope to get another smiling Bonjour from a steward / hostess at least... Haha!