FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX mini DO Aug 2018
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:01 am
teledude

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by zen100
So AA have adjusted my schedule. For the return trip, I am happy - the earlier departure from PHX gives me more leeway on what was a tight connection at LAX.

For the outbound trip, they have compressed my overnight layover at LAX, making a hotel stay pointless - it was marginal to begin with.

Looking at calling AA to see if I can make some tweaks to the itinerary - apparently they show some flexibility when they initiate schedule changes. Looking at two options
  1. Move to the last JFK=>LAX flight - more time spent in the JFK Flagship First lounge rather than loitering around LAX. Only about 3.5 hours to kill until the LAX lounge opens.
  2. Extend my LAX layover to about 22 hours and move my PHX flight to the evening - get a hotel, car hire and spend the day sightseeing in LA.
Not sure whether AA would go for b), but it's worth asking.

One factor in this is that the LAX=>PHX evening flight is "Operated by SkyWest Airlines As American Eagle". Will I definitely be able to claim TPs for that flight. My return PHX=>LAX flight is also "Operated by SkyWest Airlines As American Eagle" - and it's the only flight which doesn't show up "My flight bookings" on my BA exec account. Worst case, I can take a 40TP hit and still make Gold, but not 80TPs
Both flights will credit 40TP each