FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS day flight vs night flight to UK
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:22 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by manord
Trying to decide between taking a standard overnight flight home to MAN from BOS on a Wednesday night vs staying overnight at the BOS Hilton and taking the daytime flight on the Thursday morning. Both options would be WTP.
I have used the day flights from ORD/NYC a few times but it was several years ago and I can't recall whether I thought it was a good idea or not! Any opinions?
Also, the daytime flight currently looks empty for my travel date (9 seats open for sale in every bucket) - what is the likelihood of it getting cancelled?
If you don't remember the impact of the day flights you've already taken, then perhaps you weren't impressed, one way or the other.

If you want to try again, potentially waste a day and spend a couple of hundred dollars on a hotel in Boston, then there you go.

I quite enjoy the novelty of an eastbound day flight, but I'd never consider it if it entailed significant extra costs.
As for missing a day in Manchester - it's a sacrifice few of us could bear.

Cancelling the flight on a whim would be crazy. It won't happen. Airlines generally try not to build up a collection of aircraft at outstations