FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS day flight vs night flight to UK
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:15 am
aflan85

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue, Miles & More, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
I have always wondered whether the day flight would be good for the body clock and am slightly regretting not booking it for my upcoming trip to BOS. I am flying back overnight on the 212 and am questioning whether I should bother sleeping at all on such a short flight. Last time I took that flight I snatched a couple of hours' kip and felt worse on arrival at LHR than I probably would have done had I not slept. Although that could have also been partly due to the CC giving me two of every drink I ordered as it was a light load but a full trolley, and therefore happy hour...

On that occasion I nodded off again on the LHR-BRU, got a couple more hours at home then made it into the office for a client meeting in the afternoon perfectly compus mentus, so am thinking on this occasion I may cut my losses and not bother sleeping at all on the BOS-LHR and just get to bed early the following night. The flight is on a Saturday so will have all day Sunday to chill and tell my body that I just had a big Saturday night out (though will try not to drink as if it is..).

Advisable course of action (appreciating that YMMV)?