FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frugal Travel Guy
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:31 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by ingy
So let me see if I've got this right. A great opportunity exists because the banking world is too stupid and greedy to realize what they have done. So we are not supposed to share it with others? I thought that was what "community" was about? And in particular, once you and yours figured it out, that was absolutely supposed to be the end of promoting the terrific opportunity? Sounds a little selfish to me if you asked.

I'm thrilled thousands of people got in on the "game" and still play today under a new more restrictive set of rules. When the economy changes again and they need to generate more credit card spending, they'll loosen up again.

Sounds to me in reality your objection is not that the game changed, because as a "thought leader" I figure you could realize it was too good to be true, but that it was that some of us figured out how to monetize it.

It's called Capitalism

PS And why anyone would search to apply for one cash back card when they had a credit score to do so much more, when the getting was good, and the bloggers had laid out the requirements of success???? Well you just can't fix Stupid
You do not have this right.

My objection is simple: it's annoying to see you whine about the current state of cc bonuses when you got rich killing them.

Same as it would be to listen to a ceo who got rich strip-mining complain that his mountaintop views have been spoiled by all the strip-mining.

Get it now?