FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:08 pm
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Pamplona

Not sure how to calculate that, but for me it was in 2017 (if my calendar is still actual) following return flights: 5 times HKG (via FRA or AMS), 2 times SIN (all via FRA), 3 times TPE (all via AMS), 1 time BKK (via FRA), 2 times INC (via FRA) and 1 time KUL (via AMS). 1 flight to SFO (via FRA) and 1 flight to DEL (via AMS). Too many flights within Europe (via FRA or AMS) to be listed. Seems that both, Business Class and the short connecting flight to AMS, CDG or FRA help a lot to reach higher qualifying points.
Just picking up a random destination, well in fact the one prefilled in FB mileage calculator picking up a first class flight (so max. mileage) and dividing the number 360k / 600k by this.
Both showed earning of about 40k miles per return.

Of course in reality one would probably have a lot more different flights, as you do. Then thinking if a connecting business flight through AMS would give you 1500 miles times two, that's 6000 a return. You wouldn't even need to fly once a week on averate for Ulti, and that's just Europe. In reality I think 95+% of Ultis is definitely in between and most if not all the 5-% is people who just take a La Premiere flight to somewhere every couple months.

Originally Posted by Pamplona
Well, in that case, they urgently need to change Management...

Sorry but such a company acting with so many different cultures around the world cannot leave its employees out of control (everyone doing what they believe to be best)!!!
I don't know if that will be enough or otherwise how deep you would have to go. KLM seems to be sometimes resistant to norms coming in from the French side, for better or worse.