FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check in not available until 6PM?
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:19 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I will say this though. If I had a dinner to get to at 6pm and was flying in expecting to shower and change when I arrived at 4 but now can't I would be little upset!
I'd guess they don't have 100% of the hotel locked up until late. I'd also guess the notice sent out was a blast to everyone with a reservation (i.e. they didn't check individual elite status, etc.). And finally, I'd also guess the hotel will have some rooms that can be available at 4pm that hotel can offer should someone of interest (i.e. high level elite, regular guest, really squeaky wheel, etc.) really push for.

So the most likely scenario is if the OP and their friend (PP + P) really want a room at 4pm, they'll get one. If I were in this situation and I knew I really wanted to get into a room no later than 4pm, I'd probably reach out to the hotel management now to let them know of my situation and "ask" (not tell) them if there is any way they can help get me a room by the 4pm normal check-in time, it would be very appreciated.