FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:25 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
My 737 experience was YVR YYZ. We may have different experiences. I can only comment on mine. I thought the seating felt roomier and more comfortable. The IFE is larger, as are the OH bins. The plane is much quieter and brighter.
Thats interesting -- I actually felt it was darker. I think (for me) it was a combination of the color scheme, the lack of light coming from the galley area, and the floor to ceiling walls between J and the galley area, and ??? It just felt darker to me. The screen and IFE is clearly better. There is no wifi yet (huge miss, IMO). The seats are good. Not great, not (for me) as comfortable as the older seats because they want you to have the same crap posture. The old ones (in my books) were 6/10, the 737Max J seats are a 5/10. Obviously that is highly dependent on body type and preference. I like the new tray, but I worry the folding design may succumb to middle age and sag badly in the middle like the ones on the EMBs. It is much much quieter. That is awesome. And one strange observation: maybe because the windows are positioned lower (relative to eye height) but I actually found the ride less comforting for my inner ear. I am guessing that it has something to do with where I expect the horizon to be and where it is. I will have to see if this holds true over time.