FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:35 pm
Mary Tracy

Programs: delta
Originally Posted by Mary Tracy

update.

Got an email with Letter saying that my translated version of my marriage certificate not sufficient. However I sent them official documents mailed to us from Registrars office in Aruba. 3 pages- 1) translated version (with stamp saying official translation), page 2) continuation of page 1 with Appostille stamp for official translation and signatures and Registrar of Aruba stickers/stamps, page 3) Dutch language certificate with stamp and signature. All pages bound. Called office and waited all day for call back. Finally they called and I said if you check page 2 and 3 you will see official markers. She said I’ll call you back, 4 hours later (at 8:30 PM) they said they will issue passport after going over document a bunch of times. Will get passport by next week. Moral of the story Do Not Get Married Oversees!! I spent my entire day trying to figure out how to get another copy of my marriage certificate and it was an absolute nightmare. I had no problems changing name at DMV or Social Security. I’m going to see if I can get a marriage license in my state so I never have to live this ordeal again- although every ID I have is in my married name, so that should be a fun process as well!!
3/6 5:30 PM got email that passport is printed!!

Will update when when I receive passport, card, and return of old passport and marriage certificate.

On a side note I contacted my US Senator to help we with the problem (depending on who reviews it) with having an international marriage certificate as proof of name change. Can’t get married here (we are married), and even if we could every ID I have is in married name.

They are sure they can be of help.