FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:25 pm
shoven

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Looking at the recent RA experiences, diminished club f&b etc., it seems like there are better deals in Bangkok now, despite being RA. What's the regulars stance on the hotel now? I'm looking for 4 or 5 relaxing days in a great hotel. Would the CP even be a better option now than the IC? Any other favorites in BKK?

Thank you
I did around 25 nights there across last year and still think the lounge at the IC is pretty solid, the staff are great drink selection is good although no champagne but that's down to the high tax in Thailand. I personally also think the food offering is decent if your just looking to have snacks with your drinks rather than make a full dinner out of it, they regularly have a centre peace on top of the cold buffet and warm canapes such as roast beef that they carve in the lounge and whole salmon en croute to name a couple of things I have had.

I think location is also pretty good if looking to relax as your with in walking distance to multiple malls and places to eat without having to tackle the traffic and if you don't want to leave the hotel to eat I quite enjoy Theo Mio and the Fireplace grill.