FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DONE with SPG/Marriott
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:23 am
mikesyr18

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by pinniped

Hilton, on the other hand, seems to rewrite the whole structure of their program every 15 minutes.
Hilton should just re-structure so 1 point = 1 cent. It's a little ridiculous seeing 12x, 6x, 3x , per dollar spent with the Hilton card, when in reality, it equals a value of 7.2%, 3.6%, and 1.8% back. It's almost as bad as the new Subway program that's rolling out.

Right now I have about 101,500 Hilton points, but if I could sell them, I would. I like more straight forward rewards programs, not because I'm stupid, but because I know they do it on purpose to make it seem like they're giving their customers more value due to the # of points needed for one room. It's all in a way to subtly lie to your customers by deflating the value of your points and making it seem like you're getting more in value than you really are.

Make the rooms starting at 8,000 points a night instead of 25,000 or whatever. Soon it'll cost you 1,000,000 points for a bottom tiered hotel free night and you'll get 10,000 points per dollar on your Hilton card when used at those properties.