FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded from First/Business Class on United(Questions,Compensation, etc.)[ARCHIVE]
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:23 am
gold23

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by findark
Oh, oops, missed that part. Yes, should ask for that as well, especially if you know what it should be. I would ask for the route fare differential ($129) unless you have documented that the actual fare difference at purchase was greater.

Awesome. thx

Originally Posted by cfischer
He should write it in. Did he try to confirm the last seat via the irop re=booking message? Even J1 a displaced F pax should have gotten the last seat. definitely ask for the upgrade fee back and the fare difference (probably small) for the E-.
There were 3 unassigned seats on his rebooked flight in first. GA told him that there were a bunch of displaced F passengers who were ahead of him and that the only way he could confirm is to pay the $150. As I think about it, I'd be pretty upset if I were a displaced elite and UA was selling upgrades before putting me in my purchased class of service. Or allowing someone behind me on the list to jump me with $. It's not like I would've purchased Y and been hoping for a free upgrade- I have no issue with UA maximizing their revenue there. But this is disingenous in my mind.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 6, 2018 at 4:17 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member