FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:42 pm
ankomonkey

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Is there information if any of these can be redeemed for All-Inclusive Resorts? There's so few of those in the Marriott portfolio to begin with, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Search hasn't yielded much, both on flyertalk and the marriott website... Especially since most (all?) of Marriott's resort aren't "JUST all-inclusive" but require some sort of higher rate selected that is specifically all-inclusive, makes it difficult to check for points.
I enquired about this for a property in Turkey (that's no longer Marriott). There was a compulsory all-inclusive daily fee per person. Since we would have used it as a family of 4, the compulsory fee total for us was higher than the cash cost of the room, so it would have lost us money and the cert to have taken this option. I mailed the hotel directly to point this out and they insisted that was the only option. We didn't stay at the property in the end. Hopefully you'll have better luck somewhere...