FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:29 pm
Sinter

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
A quick update, just returned from my week at Zilara and has a similar reaction as IDontWearSocks. I was in building 4 and thankfully never had an issue with hot water and/or water pressure during my stay. I usually got down to the Zilara pool between 830-9am and never had a problem grabbing 2 lounge chairs next to each other under an umbrella. Also had no issues with towels at the pool and while they did run low a few points after noon, they were never completely out of fresh towels. Did not try the Zilara beach, but the Ziva beach was nice enough (and not overrun with children) the couple times we wanted to go into the ocean.

Staff was largely fantastic, with a handful being just average.No complaints there.

As far as food is concerned, it was overall good to very good, however, a few poor experiences stood out. The jerk chicken at the shack was nothing special at best (a couple friends we made there seemed to like it fwiw), and the Asian Fusion restaurant was definitely my least favorite (also probably the worst of the service, though we were able to flag down someone more helpful than our original waitress). Choicez buffett provided a terrible bloody mary (definitely a mix as someone else pointed out, but breakfast overall was above average), but I was able to find a waiter at Flavorz in the Zilara lobby for my bloody mary needs the rest of my stay (truly night and day type scenario). I didn't try the Brazilian Steakhouse after hearing a couple people say they were dissatisfied as well.

That said, the French and Italian restaurants were very good, so was Horizons and Flavorz as well as the nachos and burger station between the pool and Horizonz. Choicez and Calypso were solid for lunch, but didn't try either for dinner. Room service was also very solid and I was even able to order a late night snack a little bit before midnight once, which was delivered within an hour.

My only other nitpicky complaint was that the bed was a little too hard for my liking and the pillows a bit too flimsy. There were plenty though and I used two.

Overall a fantastic stay, I would definitely go back.

Last edited by Sinter; Mar 5, 2018 at 1:38 pm