FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA employees shocked: (qtrly performance) Bonuses replaced with lottery (on "pause")
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:15 am
SFOrunner

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by topman
Dear United Management Team:

...We now announce and pedal card membership through the aisle. And we do it with a smile. The cheapened domestic plane has never felt so cheap, as we push this credit card on unsuspecting customers, who really don't want to be bothered.
I experienced this last night on my SFO-ORD flight. Towards the end of the service, the Service Coordinator came over the PA, apologizing for the interruption, to tell us all about this amazing offer, including 50,000 bonus miles, free checked bag, etc, etc. He sounded like he had a smile on his face. But that wasn't enough...he had to walk through the entire plane politely presenting the brochure to everyone, even when it became awkward.

I felt bad for the guy because the whole situation was absolutely cringe worthy - I breathed a sigh of relief when it was over. No doubt though, this sales pitch was a mandate from HQ - and the petition is dead on, it felt cheap.