FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:55 pm
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'd be interested in hearing if anyone shares my view on the longhaul pre-arrival breakfasts. Back in 7th grade, the first thing I learned in home economics was that if you make an omelette, you need to serve it right away. Not after 15 minutes, and certainly not after 12+ hours, as is the norm on longhaul flights that arrive in the morning. I find those chilled-down and reheated omelettes tasteless, often rubbery and the sides usually haven't fared well, either.

What I would very much welcome as an alternative would be a cold cut platter with some gourmet breads (instead of the usually rather tasteless rolls we now get from outstations), cheeses, hams, salami etc. Perhaps an olive or two, a couple of cucumber and tomato slices, maybe even some cold smoked salmon or liver pate. Anything that you could create your own open sandwich or two with. Of course, this would be served alongside fresh fruit, yoghurt and cereal etc.

On one flight, can't remember the destination anymore, I was surprised that you could have a warm apple strudel for breakfast instead of the usual omelette. It was big, looked and tasted fresh and came with ample vanilla custard. Perhaps it would have been better suited in a Viennese café alongside with a cup of afternoon coffee, but it was definitely a very welcome change to the norm.