FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:25 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by tys90
I encountered a unusual denial today. I am at 4/24 and I applied for the Chase United Business card. I got the 7-10 day message so I called in. They started out with you have too many credit cards, I asked them to remove AUs from the list, which they understood and quickly did. They then said although I was at 4/24 on my credit report without AUs, they could see the CIP I applied for in November 2017 and they were counting that as well, which pushed me to 5/24 and resulted in a deny. I thought all Chase Biz cards didn't count against your limit?
They usually don't. I suspect this happened as a result of a human being reviewing your account manually rather than allowing the automation to sort itself out.

(Not that this helps you now but the general consensus is do not call Chase on business cards that are under review. Either wait for the eventual approval or the denial letter.)