FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:18 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
next up - lounge access

I've read the posts with the official reading of Elite +1 guest

then I've read posts where more than that get into the lounge i.e., the party of three that got in no problem. Based on recent stays, how tough are they on the Elite +1

Is there a gate keeper checking off your name and room at the door or how do they actually know that you are a family of four coming in unless you come in together?

If there is a lounge dragon checking names and rooms, can I come in with my other half then go back to the room and send the kids down after [or first]?
I can assure you that children in the lounge doesn't seem to be an issue. When I have stayed it was clear the families were bringing in kids, as in the evening during the bar service it was difficult to find anywhere to sit because families with kids were sprawled out. This is the same problem with the J.W. Marriott in Singapore. I personally don't think children should be allowed in an executive lounge, period. If you want to call it a club lounge and also sell access then fine, but an executive lounge infers, by name, that it's for business travelers. But I digress.

There is a small stand when you enter the lounge. Sometimes it was staffed, but other times it wasn't. I've never seen anyone challenged for their name or room number because you need a special card to access the room. Your regular room card doesn't work.