FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TP Crawl Down Under: TLV to PER (via HKG & SIN) on CX, SQ & QF in Y!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:49 am
Innocent Abroad

Programs: BA Silver
Perth to Singapore

Transperth must have been so excited with the fact that EK send an A380 to the most isolated city on earth that they numbered the bus to the airport accordingly

The airport is quite far from Perth's CBD and the ride took some 40 minutes even in the late morning hours. Despite PER being a relatively small airport it has four terminals, with Terminal 1 being the international one. Okay Terminal 1 it is then.

Apparently, mobile BP doesn't work at PER (is it, really?) so I had to go to an actual Check-in counter to get the printed version; no worries here. Very few people were at the terminal that day and I made my way swiftly to the entrance of the QF international lounge.

As it appears, starting from the end of March QF's international flights (namely, SIN, AKL and most importantly LHR) will take off from a separate wing in Terminal 4, with its own new lounge. Anyway, QF lounge at the current position is gorgeous and definitely one of the best lounges I've visited in recent years. Among its strengths - great variety of fresh food, a real espresso machine service, proactive F&B offering by the staff and comfortable and functional chairs and sofas. Really a treat; here's some photos of the lounge:

The way from the lounge to the gate was very short; the views from the terminal are crystal-clear and very cool:

QF71 (PER-SIN)
Take-off: February 13, 2018, 12:27 (scheduled - 12:25)
Landing: February 13, 2018, 17:26 (scheduled - 17:45)
Boeing 737-800 (registration: VH-XZG)
Class: economy, seat 4D

This bird looks even better from the inside even though it's over 4 years old The seats are nice (not as nice as in J, photos soon....) and row 4 has very good legroom (in theory bulkhead, photos soon...) a bottle of water for every passenger, mood lightning and spacious overhead bins (a-la 787):

The menu; I preorder my dish couple of days before just to give it a go. It was very good:

The food itself:

The one thing that was a bit odd was the lack of real separation between J and Y. That's how I found my self very close to the J trolley

Overall, the crew was excellent and so was the IFE selection. We landed in SIN some twenty minutes before schedule and upon disembarking I saw this nice KL B773:

And off to immigration for a 24 hours experience of Singapore:

More to follow, hopefully sooner than later