FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:47 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Suites vs two connecting rooms

Family of four [2 adults/2 teens 13 & 16]
July visit for two nights during the week
Can get two rooms [2 Q & 1K] for two nights at a total MR points cost of 190K
or
can get a Jr. [160K] or one of the family suites at a cost of 170k for a Manhattan or Family suite

the question is in the suites is there a possibility of 3 sleeping beds? I.e... King Bed, sofa pullout appears to be a queen but is there a 3rd couch type bed that could be used as a bed?

The suites appear to be the best value for the points but the devil is in the details.

Kids could share a bed but if they don't have to. On that note, I just might splurge the extra points to get two connecting rooms.

next up - lounge access

I've read the posts with the official reading of Elite +1 guest

then I've read posts where more than that get into the lounge i.e., the party of three that got in no problem. Based on recent stays, how tough are they on the Elite +1

Is there a gate keeper checking off your name and room at the door or how do they actually know that you are a family of four coming in unless you come in together?

If there is a lounge dragon checking names and rooms, can I come in with my other half then go back to the room and send the kids down after [or first]?