FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX SIN MPC Dinner
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:06 pm
d00t

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
I am a SIN based Diamond member of CX since 1997 but have utilised the membership holiday benefit over the past 2 years so I can complete my British Airways Executive Club Lifetime Gold (oneworld Emerald) since I am sick and tired of telling CX about Lifetime membership and I will achieve the BA Lifetime on my last flight from SYD-SIN on 21 March 2018.

Since I have been on membership holiday, the folks at CX Singapore have completely isolated its most loyal member who provides them with referrals and business over the past 5 years from various corporations that I have worked with.

Not to mention my recent disappointment with the Area General Manager who hasn't been as proactive as the previous Area GMs. The best GM was Anna Thompson and she did a fantastic job. To add further salt on the wound, I asked for a corporate deal and requested their corporate sales team to reach out to get an account established but until today, I have heard nothing and its been over a month now. If this is the attitude of their team, then it shows they are not either hungry for business or the corporate sales team are just incompetent.

On that note, I did not receive the MPO Dinner invitation and this is a member who has clocked 2.4 million Club Miles since October 1997. I still remain a fan of CX but their Singapore office really needs to get its act together and I really hope the new Area GM will take a little more drastic action to those that are undermining the company's interest which is very evident from my recent experience.
Like with most companies, if you want to feel the extra love - it's best to be the big fish in a small pond, rather than a small fish in a big pond.
Cathay has 100,000's of elites. Other airlines have much less.