FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn down a really good job if the travel policy was all Y?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:59 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jbfield
I agree with this point, but I suppose its a bit like having decided its a job you want and can do (based on instincts or facts), asking oneself whether the practicalities would work, e.g. great job but if it had a 3 hr commute to work and 3hr commute back from work everyday, would you still have the energy to sustain.
I think that in my case, precisely, if I knew that there was a three hour commute to work and back and that it was in a place where I did not want to move, my instinct would tell me, beyond doubt, to forget it however wonderful the job. In fact, this is a situation in which I have been, twice in recent years and however I might try to rationally think about how great the two jobs were on paper (and that I was having things I was finding very frustrating with my job), my guts was telling me "no way" in no uncertain terms.