FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looks like I might get free PE on tomorrow’s LHR-LAX...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:37 am
355F1

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
If you end up with the PE, let us know how it goes. Might consider it next time.
I will post my thoughts after!

Originally Posted by enviroian
I flew it last week for the first time on a 789 ORD-DFW. Very nice! I was able to choose the seat at booking because since it was domestic seat it was labeled as just MCE, not PE. The seat is 100 x better than any domestic F seat anywhere with nice big IFE and USB power and three way seat controls (albeit manual). There was no food service of course as it was just a 2.30 hour domestic flight but a great ride nonetheless.
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
For an equipment swap like this you'll be able to grab a PE seat but you'll still have same normal economy service.
Originally Posted by nutwpinut
I've heard the seat is one of the best PE products, but the service and food is sub par. That's ok with me since I normally eat the food at the lounge which is better.
Originally Posted by skylady
Bigger tray, bigger seat, but still main cabin
I do not expect true PE service and food.

I was simply stating that I am going to be on a brand-new installation of AA's new PE on their 77W. I don't really travel in Y much anymore, so I fly BA PE many times throughout the year. I try to UG to J if available, but fly BA PE so often that I think I can give a good comparison in relation to AA's new hard product.

I have flown AF and LH in PE a few times, too.

All I care about is the seat, to be honest. Airplane food is airplane food. and I have Top Tier status with SKYTEAM and OneWorld so priority access isn't a huge deal to me with any PE service. Plus I don't expect stellar service in any cabin unless I am flying CX or SQ to Asia.

But, I AM interested in AA's take on the PE cabin because I fly LAX-HKG a few times a year, always buying a Y ticket, yet I have yet to fly in AA's Y cabin as they ALWAYS have tons of C class availability on that flight so I've been able to UG both myself and my gf using points and miles or SWUs on literally every flight.

Originally Posted by nutwpinut
I've heard the seat is one of the best PE products, but the service and food is sub par. That's ok with me since I normally eat the food at the lounge which is better.

Sitting in the CX First Class lounge right now @T3 eating some real food before this flight....

Originally Posted by jcatman
Looks like something they would serve in large batches......in prison.
LoL....prison food isn't all that bad if you happen to get stuck in a good one for a few years....