FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber ratings?
Thread: Uber ratings?
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:28 pm
Scots_Al

Programs: BA Silver
Uber ratings?

I’ve never used Uber for a number of reasons that would probably spark an OMNI conversation.

But I was considering it, and reading up on this bizarre concept where you and driver rate each other. I read here: Leaked charts show how Uber's driver rating system works - Business Insider

that drivers with an average score of 4.6/5 or less are at danger of being “deactivated”. How on Earth does this work???? Are people just automatically rating everyone 5/5 every time so long as they don’t rob them????

I can’t imagine that I would ever rate many taxi drivers higher or lower than 3/5. 3/5 is surely bang average, straight down the middle, turned up on time, knew where they were going, were polite and not smelly, i.e. exactly what you would expect. A particularly friendly or, if I had luggage, helpful, driver might get 4/5. A driver who had to use sat nav between two well-known points might get 2/5. But how on Earth does a taxi driver ever exceed expectations by enough to get 5/5? How bad do they have to be to get 1/5?