FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SAA A330-300
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:09 pm
evanb

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by sml310
This happened to me as well on the JNB-GRU route, booked as an award through United. Any chance I can re-route? It seems there are no Business awards left in routes I need, but there are some Economy Saver. Should I chance the waitlist upgrade or remain on the old A332 business class, in hopes of a last minute swap? Pretty sure I should do the latter, as waitlist upgrade only works for United metal, and AFAIK there are no United flights out from JNB.

ETA: I will at least be experiencing the new A333 Business for JNB->CPT, but I'd much rather have it on the 10 hour flight than the 2...

Edit 2: I talked to a very nice agent who said she'd make the change for me if I found an alternate flight. I found one potential flight, on Ethiopian. One leg, JNB-ADD on a A350-900 and ADD-CDG on a 777-200LR. Any opinions/recommendations on SAA vs Ethiopian business? Should I make the switch?
You guys are speaking as is the A330-200 business class is solitary confinement on Guantanamo. It's still a pretty good and comfortable lie flat and particularly comfortable for sleeping. I'd take the SA A330-200 over any ET any day, and that is just the aircraft, nevermind better airport experience.