FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2nd interview coming up, ok to ask about specific travel policies?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:19 am
Madone59

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich
Having conducted hundreds of interviews and hired dozens of staff over the year, this would certainly be a big negative mark for me.

You're going to be working directly for me and this is our first meeting. I'm trying to decide whether you have the skills to do the work that my job will depend on, in about 30 minutes. And to want to spend part of our very limited time asking what kind of hotel you need to stay in and what FF program you can use? Next.....
I think it really depends on the job. I recently interviewed for an American company that is a vendor to the Formula 1 series and in the job posting said "This is 35 week of travel" and "Must want to travel."

We talked about travel at length in the interview and their lack of knowledge on a range of topics from what back-to-back races may require intercontinental forced red-eyes to are they using a 3rd party company to organize Azerbaijan, Chinese, Russian and other complex work visas was so stunning that I pulled my application. Weeks later I found out that "Because of unforeseen complexities related to F1 series travel they were outsourcing the work to a European company." It wasn't unforeseen by me