FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:10 am
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PrineSwine
Hi all-
It looks like we will be on the 787-9 this summer, flying F from LHR-SJC. We had contemplated getting two windows on either side, but 1A and 1K are both taken, and 2A and 2K would be too far apart for our liking. The idea of a big window appeals to me, so we are trying to figure out what makes more sense:
  • Heck with the view (though it will be 11 daylight hours for our flight, with plenty to see!) and just get the side by sides in 1E-1F.
  • The view is worth it, and get 2F-2K...we can gaze longingly across the aisle and talk in hushed whispers when necessary.
Can any of you lend any insight on what option might be more attractive? We will be coming off of three weeks in Italy, so we won't be desperate to be side-by-side, but if that's really the best choice for couples we certainly don't mind each other's company.

Many thanks-
PrineSwine
2F and K would be ideal and you could always swap seats through the flight but I believe 2F is a bassinet seat. It's a very small cabin and easy to walk around and personally I'd grab 2 A and K even though they are on opposite sides and just keep an eye on the cabin and see if 1K opens up again at some point.