FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you handle a seat change request? {Archive}
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:59 pm
jp12687

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
It's not that simple. It never is in the reality of the cabin compared to the theoretical of the internet . A simple no never gets a satisfied response. What you get instead is indignity, demanding an explanation, name calling, and being made into a bad guy. It is more polite to mind your own business and take what you are given then foist an awkward, unsolicited interaction upon someone who is in their rightful seat.

If you want to displace someone for your own wants, you are starting from a place of selfishness. You covet what someone else has, and probably selected and paid for.

Of course not. Nor would I think the lottery is a tax on stupidity if I won. But this has never happened to me, and with rare exceptions here and there, to anyone else.

but how woild you ever have he opportunity if no one asks?

i have done this 3 times myself when I’ve been upgraded and my wife hasn’t
Originally Posted by seenitall
So let me understand this. You had the opportunity to make a 10-year old unaccompanied minor happy by allowing her to sit in a window seat; and the opportunity to make a FA happy by allowing the unaccompanied minor to sit in Row 1 where it is far easier for the FA to keep tabs on her and to ensure that she doesn't receive inappropriate "attention" from the aisle seat occupant than would be the case if she sat in Row 5; and you decided that your preference for 1A over 1B was overriding.

While you certainly have the right to retain your original seat, I would hope that most people would choose differently. It is a gift to be helpful to others, even if you have to accept a little less comfort.
had they asked I would have agreed just doing it and insist I comply would have gotten the same response se

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 2, 2018 at 1:15 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member