FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2nd interview coming up, ok to ask about specific travel policies?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:56 pm
darthbimmer

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by CPRich
As someone who's been hiring for 25 years, for a firm with one of the top 5 travel budgets in the world, in a profession that works where the clients are - if someone I was interviewing told me they consider travel a material part of the job, I'd move on to the next candidate. Travel is something we put up with to deliver solutions and significant change to our clients. That's our job. Not travel. We're on every "Top 20 Most Sought-After Employers" list, so I'm OK with our approach.

This is an "after I get an offer and need to decide" topic, not a "first time I meet who I'm reporting to" topic, IMHO. If you really think it's a deal breaker, then go ahead and ask and see if asking the question is a deal-breaker.
A hiring manager who misrepresents two statements I made clearly and beats his chest about how wise and sought-after he is, is a deal-breaker for me. If we were interviewing now, you wouldn't be the first such person I walked away from.