FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:14 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I booked a regular king-sized room with my usual request for a high floor at the J.W. Marriott Essex House in New York. I noticed about 24 hours ahead of time that I had been upgraded into a junior suite. I did the online check-in and arrived about 20 minutes ahead of my stated time. When I arrived I was told I was upgraded into what was described as a "family suite." I was also thanked for my platinum-premier status.

It's a spacious two-room suite that includes a large bathroom. The bathroom has both a bath tub and a standalone shower. While I don't care for the couch -- it's the same velvet-like black material used in the junior suites at this property, a material that will show stains easily -- the upgrade was very nice. My only complaint is the suite is on the 11th floor and has zero view. The view is of the sides or windows of neighboring buildings. I would rather been upgraded to a non-suite on a high floor with a Central Park view.

Interestingly enough, the family suite came with a Keurig coffeemaker. This is one of the few hotels in the entire portfolio of Marriott brands without coffeemakers.

As usual, the executive lounge at night was VERY crowded. I walked in, grabbed a couple cans of Diet Pepsi and left.