FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta One A350 Low Level Award?
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:00 pm
flying_donkeys12
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by Janus777
I picked up two in Delta one on the A350 with a routing going DPS-ICN (flying KE) then ICN to ATL (flight 26) this coming October for 80k and the second seat priced at 85k...

Picked up the outgoing flights in Delta One ATL-NRT, for 65k each, frankly I have no idea how that worked out..as I have never been below 80k for delta one seats..

I was also able to pick up One ticket up front on Garuda NRT to DPS for 40k but had to do it through a series of phone calls and then they called me back to finish the booking..something about a International Partner Desk who actually handled the booking...The second ticket I just booked direct with Garuda (Delta had a several hundred dollar surcharge for the booking class)

I have also redeemed some flights in May that had great pricing from BKK-ICN-ATL in the A350 Premium Economy that priced at 64k..

To be fair though I try to book tickets 330 days out..and then just refund the awards if it looks like I can't make the trips work..I literally time my booking right when the computer clock ticks over...this usually works great for me to play around with the bookings and that far out I can usually adjust my calendar enough to make the trips work...
So the flight on Garuda was an additional 40k miles? If so, then Delta still never ceases to amaze me. I also picked up low level D1 seats ATL-ICN called delta and was able to add a flight on Garuda to DPS for no additional points outlay since they were also pricing at low level. Which I understood is the way it is supposed to work, but rarely ever does. Not supposed to be additive.