FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Red/Yellow Warning of Snow: W/C 26th February 2018 [proactive cancellations ongoing]
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:12 pm
plunet

Programs: BAEC
The weather has taken its toll on flights today. I've continued my attempts to update the Wiki and have done a little more analysis of the impact of the weather both here in the London area as well as at destinations/origins.

At Heathrow the total number of cancelled flights rose from a predicted approx 16% of the schedule (103 rotations) yesterday evening to about 25% of the schedule (160 rotations). BA naturally suffered the heaviest schedule losses with 92 rotations, followed by Aer Lingus and Eurowings. DUB, EDU, GLA, MUC, FRA were the main short haul casulaties but there were a good handful of long hauls such as ORD, EWR, IAD loosing 2 rotations each and HKG, IST, SEA, JFK, PHL, DME loosing one

Gatwick which had a prediction of just 6% loss of schedule (20 rotations) yesterday ended up with 22% loss of schedule with 80+ rotations cancelled. BA were relatively unscathed at Gatwick with just 13 cancellations compared to easyJet with 47. DUB, EDI, GLA, GCI and GVA were the most impacted destinations/origins.

At London City had just less than half of scheduled flights running compared to a predicted 14% cancellation rate last night. BA were the main casulaty with 34 rotations cancelled followed by Flybe and CityJet. DUB, AMS, EDI and ZRH were the most impacted destinations/origins.

I've updated the lists of cancelled flights for 01 Mar to reflect the data available on flightradar24.com this evening. There will be a few errors and mistakes and ommissions but it should broadly be a good indication of what happened, I don't think anyone has complained so far!