FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:45 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Bar Operator

I've not heard anything about the potential for pre-ordering BOB. In the meantime, if you want a guaranteed snack or drink on the plane I would consider purchasing something from the vendors at the airport, where available. ..................................Unfortunately the Company have still not got round to loading sufficient stocks of food and drink onboard, and I have my doubts whether they ever will, especially on the higher demand routes.

Agreed : I think if they were going to get it right, they would have done so by now, around 14 months in.

Hard to know whether the inadequate stocking often reported is down to BA, their suppliers M&S, Tourvest as the ‘operator’ of BoB - or perhaps a combination of all three. Whichever it may be, the fact remains that British Airways is the name on the side of all the aircraft, and are the people who ultimately pocket the money from your fare.

Wasn’t aware of the EasyJet pre-order option, but it does sound good. My own best BoB pre-order experience has been on Air Asia (aboard which hot meals, as many will know, are commendable in terms of quality+efficiency+choice+value).

As much as BA would do well to take a leaf from EasyJet’s approach to catering .... just can’t see it happening any time soon.