FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:34 am
gobears293

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by drewguy
Probably less. I'd figure on 20 minutes each way, although 15 is more likely. 30 mins would mean boarding at last call.
Originally Posted by seacarl
In my opinion 1:20 is not enough time to make it over to the Priority Pass lounges in Terminal B. From C26 it will probably take you 10 minutes to get to the train. You would either alight at A and have a 5-10 minute walk, or a longer ride to B and a shorter walk. All together it is at least 20 minutes to get to the lounge. If your flight boards 30 minutes departure, you would have no more than 10 minutes in the lounge before heading back. There are mobile lounges to D but the only operate during limited hours - you may have to take the train back to C and a long walk, or to the main terminal and then a mobile lounge to D.

It's really at the 2 hour layover mark that a visit to B starts to pencil out - or if you are originating at IAD and have extra time.
Originally Posted by DCA writer
There are two holes in the A-to-D mobile-lounge schedule--see the picture I took in November after almost getting burned by one--but neither will apply in this case. And the AF lounge is at worst a five-minute walk from the lounge gate. Conservatively budgeting 20 minutes for each leg of the commute, and you have... yeah, like 15 minutes unless you're okay boarding very late. Still enough time to get a bite and a glass of bubbly, but verify that the mobile-lounge hours haven't changed after getting off the Aerotrain.
Thank you all for the advice. My departing flight is a 757, so I think United will want to start the boarding 2 hours ahead of time

If my inbound is on-time, I might try it, just to re-familiarize myself with IAD terminals (been a few years). I have a six hour flight back to SFO in a middle (E+ thank goodness), so a bit of walking pre-flight would be nice.