FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My disappointment with 1K, How to get more out of your 1K status.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:33 pm
simonoaks

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jsloan
No change fees or close-in booking fees. You still have to pay the taxes and other similar fees, which can be quite high, especially ex-LHR. IRROPS = IRRegular OPerationS -- weather, mechanical delays, etc. And most airlines charge more for international one-way flights than they do for round-trip tickets, because most of those flights are purchased by business travelers and it's an effective means of price discrimination.

Activate expert mode in your profile on United.com and you'll see those numbers on any non-award search. Note that you get the best numbers by searching one leg at a time -- search PBI-IAH and then search IAH-LIR, for example. Searching all the way through, you'll get the married inventory (useful for pricing changes, but not useful for determining the existing load), and you'll get the least-common-denomintor for R space. So, on PBI-EWR-LHR, if there were confirmable upgrade (R) space on EWR-LHR but not on PBI-EWR, a search from PBI-LHR wouldn't show it but a search from EWR-LHR would.
Been tracking, no change. Is it odd that when I just searched EWR-LHR just now, my seat that I have reserved (17A) is showing as available? Also when I go into manage reservation there are duplicate tabs on the seat screen - i.e PBI - EWR (seat 21A), EWR - LHR (Seat 17A), then another PBI-EWR tab (no seat) and another EWR-LHR (no seat.
At first, when I saw my seat available , I thought the GPU had cleared !! See Screenshot

thx

Last edited by simonoaks; Feb 28, 2018 at 5:48 pm