FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is This Transit Possible In SIN?
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:30 pm
Edgerfly
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Short response: At first glance it should be possible, but there might be an issue with getting the CX boarding pass early.

Tedious reply: I've never done what you're asking so my response is a combination of some online research and my judgment, which could be quite wrong. So caveat emptor - YMMV.

EY is in T1 while CX is in T4. T4, unlike T1, T2, and T3 is not connected to the airport skytrain system. Rather, one goes to and from T4 via shuttle bus on both ground and airside. However the airside shuttle requires a valid boarding pass. If you are not able to print your own CX boarding pass (you can check in up to 48 hours early and "self print" your BP) or can only wait to departure time to check in, you may not be able to avoid legally entering Singapore. There are airside transit desks in each terminal but I believe they represent only those airlines using the respective terminal.

There will be folks who will say that if you're in Singapore that long, why not go into town to stay in one of the hotels?

Skytrain, Walking, Inter-Terminal - Singapore Changi Airport
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...in-online.html see question 3

About not being able to check in airside for certain flights, those airlines are low cost carriers - basically Asia's approach to Spirit Airlines. Thankfully this is not the issue with either Cathay or Emirates.

Uh oh. I had not known that Cathay was now leaving out terminal 4. The reason I’m at the Aerotel, and unsure and not going into town is for a multitude of reasons but I’m on an award ticket and was suppose to arrive at 11:35pm from MEL on EK and leave 6:50am on CX. Then I thought that was too short but there are no later award flights in J. So I was gonna take the 1:15am the following morning. But not sure I want to spend 24 hours in SIN.

Anyway now getting from T1-T4 does not sound like fun. I am now taking the 1:15 AM the following morning and having 24 hours, I could spend 12 hours at the aerotel, get a good nights rest, wake up at noon. Check my bags airside, and go into Singapore for 12-6 hours? That plan sounds good, but I am unsure if it is doable. Could I check my bags airside in T1, enter Singapore, see the sights, go check in at Terminal 4 with a boarding pass. Enter security at Terminal 1 to reclaim my luggage past security, and then take the shuttle bus to T4. Would that work?

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 28, 2018 at 2:41 pm