FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Processor Glitches
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:09 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Well, I am sorry to admit it, but I was just “that guy”. I have a long flight tomorrow where I had two options for the first leg. Neither had U since the day I booked in December so I chose the flight with the most available F seats and the least amount of Premium seats already picked, hoping there weren’t as many elites and U would open up.

I set an EF alert for U on both and have been watching like a hawk. My flight went to F0 at T-120 but the other flight did not and has been at F1U0 for a long time with all Prem seats plus row 17 having long been taken so I suspect there are a ton of elites on it, So now, we are slightly more than 24 hours from departure and I just got an EF alert that the other flight is U1. So, I swoop in, change to that flight (cost me $1.99) with a bit of trepidation because of the reports above of phantom U space, finish the change and immediately apply a GGU and am now confirmed in F.

Do I feel like a jerk for usurping everyone on the upgrade list? I do, and I would be mighty p/o’d if it happened to me. But it isn’t my fault that the upgrade processor is broken and I’m sure someone else who checked in at T-24 in about 3 hours would be offered a buy up to F and would grab it. Or someone on the waitlist who knows about this would call in and grab it first.

So call me a jerk - I know it was a jerk move. But I have missed out on my share since this whole problem started and until it is fixed, it is every man (or woman in my case) for him/herself.

Last edited by Finkface; Feb 28, 2018 at 11:28 am