FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching from IHG to Hyatt, poor experience so far
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:21 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I too rank Hyatt the highest in terms of benefits and point/earning-redemptions. A big part of the benefits though, is I know that practically all ~50-70 nights of leisure travel will be at full service Hyatt properties and about half my ~14-21 nights of work travel naturally will find itself at HRs. If I have 80 nights where I was to stay at HP/HHs most of the time, I would probably go elsewhere. The biggest benefits of the program to me are 1. Free breakfasts/club access, 2. Suite upgrades, and 3. Free nights from earning/burning points. HP/HH doesn't do much for 1 and 2 (yes, they have free breakfast, but it is much lower value to me than free restuarant breakfasts at full service properties or full club lounge access). And so while 3 (point programs) is still decent if you stay at HP/HHs, I would look elsewhere for a fuller breadth of benefits. But that is just me.
Couldn’t agree more.

Originally Posted by shakim
While I have not stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Denver, I must say in my experience, Hyatt has always been better than a comparable marriott, hilton, IC and even SPG. I'm not talking about treatment I receive, but the hard product, which is the same for everyone. Maybe it's that particular hotel that needs a renovation.
my experience too, but that’s only for GH, HR, and PH.