FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express Canada application and reward strategies
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:30 pm
JJonahJ

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by ayking
Applied for the Plat Biz and just got the 15k on my personal Plat account. Used the SPG card as reference as you suggested, thanks for that. No instant approval again, but points were posted on the 2nd business day after without me calling in.

As for the extra $5k if I refer again from Biz Plat to Biz Gold, I'll have to see if there are other major charges I can do within April to June. There is a portion covered if I pay my TDMM auto insurance early due for renewal in July, but that's not enough (should be thankful for that!).
Be careful here with TDMM Insurance. If you're on the pay-once-annually program, then even if you schedule your payment in June, the charge won't actually post to your Amex (or other CC) account until the day or 2 AFTER the policy renewal date. If that date is within 90 days of your approval date, then no problem. If it's beyond, prepare to fight to get the bonus points after meeting the minimum spending beyond the required time period. That's what I faced a couple of years ago when I tried to pay early.