FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feels like forever since we had a promo
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:17 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Donna49
Interesting that no promos have been announced as Feb comes to a close.. Looked up last year and there was "2x points" in Jan/Feb, and they offered the usual "stay 2 times earn 8000pts" from 3/02/2017 to 4/27.2017.
I've been a choice points elite member since 2004, and there always seemed to be a points earning promo going on. I wonder if things have changed in terms of how consumer loyalty is viewed these days. There certainly has been a massive change in airline programs over the past 6 years; perhaps this is now true for hotels.
If you don't want to get pounced upon (see above) , start using the term "no stay-based promos". Choice has had other promos the past two months, just not any stay-based promos. So not putting "stay'based" in front of "promos" you're complaining about not existing is only going to get retorts from people who points out the non-stay promos that do exist.

I sympathize with you, as I'm only interested in stay-based promos myself. So my complaint is only with the phrasing, not with the sentiment.

Oh, and if you want to be really clear, say "no stay-based points promos". Because last time i looked, there was a stay based AA miles promo (1000 miles per stay instead of the normal 250 miles per stay). That's a promo too.