FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The oneworld explorer ticket FAQs
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:48 am
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingislove
After the agents said that all was well and my flight could depart on 2/15 and arrive on 2/16, I got a response from ticketing noting that it is 365 INCLUDING the first day, and that arrival must happen by that day. So, arrival was needed by 2/14, meaning that final departure was necessary by 2/13 if it was an overnight flight. Interesting stuff! Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone comes up against this.
Nothing to do with the rules; one year of ticket validity from the date of the first flight coupon is IATA standard.

Originally Posted by christep
The rules say nothing about when you must finish the ticket. They define only when you must start the last sequence of flights without stopover to get to the end. I could easily devise an itinerary in accordance with this where you arrived at the end 367 days after you started since, in principle, you could take 14 or 15 back to back flights starting on the 365th day (whether that is defined inclusively or exclusively).
AFAIK the flight coupons will not be valid for use more than 365 days after the date on the first flight coupon.

Last edited by Calchas; Feb 26, 2018 at 11:59 am