FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express Canada application and reward strategies
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:45 am
ayking

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Biz Gold is definitely the better deal. But if you're willing to get the Plat Biz and can spend $10k on Amex cards over the next 6 months (to meet min. spend requirement) you should probably go #1 biz plat then refer from biz plat to biz gold. You get 25k referral vs. 15k. Not much, but if you also happen to have other referrals (friends families) picking up an extra 10k/referral is great.

CAVEATS: there's some speculation the 25k referral from Biz Plat will be reducing at the end of March AND the FYF Biz Gold could go away at any time.

I'd also enter your SPG Amex card # instead of your Plat Card on your application.
Applied for the Plat Biz and just got the 15k on my personal Plat account. Used the SPG card as reference as you suggested, thanks for that. No instant approval again, but points were posted on the 2nd business day after without me calling in.

As for the extra $5k if I refer again from Biz Plat to Biz Gold, I'll have to see if there are other major charges I can do within April to June. There is a portion covered if I pay my TDMM auto insurance early due for renewal in July, but that's not enough (should be thankful for that!).