FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Olympian not happy with economy seating
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:38 am
dulciusexasperis
Suspended

I tend to agree with Jebby_ca (post 43). I take it that the athlete was trying to say that a Canadian Olympic Gold medal winner only flies in Economy. It might have been plainer if instead of indicating 'sarcasm', he had indicated 'irony'.

Canada is notorious for how little support our Olympic athletes get. Look at the video at the top of this link page and go to minute 3.19. Season 9: Olympic Medalists - Dragons' Den What you will hear is that a team that won 7 Olympic medals out of a possible 8, did not know if they be able to finish the World Cup season because they were running out of money. Is it hard to understand why such an athlete would post a remark that was intended to be 'sarcastic' or 'ironic', under those circumstances. We win Gold and have to worry about money, thanks for the support people.

Then someone responds with comments like, 'if you want an upgrade, pay for an upgrade'. With what?

I agree with the athlete giving Air Canada a thumbs down. How much would it have actually cost them to show our athletes a little more appreciation for their efforts and representation of our country. Instead, there he is, on the back of the bus.

Last edited by dulciusexasperis; Feb 26, 2018 at 10:43 am