FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:54 am
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by BThumme
Hertz gets really fussy with one way rentals I've noticed. Is that the price for one day? I've seen Hertz easily quadruple the rate, even if it's for returning the car in the same state (say DTW-GRR). I have noticed on one ways sometimes Premium being the cheapest too.
I thought there was a sharing deal between the Hertz locations at DTW, GRR, LAN such that you can rent from one and return at another for the same rate and rules as returning to the same location..... I did this 2 different times when I had last minute bookings and couldn't find flights into GRR at the needed time, so I flew into DTW, and then back out of GRR... the car rental ended up being $42/day with the corporate rate with no additions for mileage, like I would typically see when renting one way out of Fresno to return at SFO, or out of Roswell to return to ABQ, or out of ELM to return at BGM, or out of AVP to return to EWR, or out of STL to return to ORD...... I asked at GRR about this, and the girl working the desk told me that they have "sister locations" at DTW and LAN, and a couple others..... this was a couple years ago so it may not be the case anymore....