FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading AA Fare Code or Class of Service - Upfare / Upfaring (master thd)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:30 am
gradboozer

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rayfes
It took over 10 minutes but they were able to do it after charging the difference in fare and $50 fee for handling an external reservation. I booked two one-way flts and wonder if I would have only had to pay the $50 fee once if it had been round trip. Thank you so much gradboozer! You've made my life as LT GLD better much better on work trips.
Originally Posted by hbtr

My company uses Concur, I frequently upgrade company-paid tickets to first and have always been able to do it simply by calling the EXP reservations line. They usually had to place a call to revenue management, but there was no $50 fee, just the fare difference.
I wasn't charged any extra fee other than the difference in fare. Not sure if it has to do with which travel agency your Concur portal uses? PLT line is the one who sent me to meeting services and the meeting services agent is the one who gave me the phone number to do these changes again in the future.

Any time I call the travel agency linked to our Concur setup they want to charge a fee but not the other way around.