FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is it legal to bring someone's forgotten prescription antibiotics from US to UK?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:14 am
geometry

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by stut
I've always wondered about this. I travel with prescription drugs all the time (one of which is a controlled drug). I've always taken the pharmacy-labelled box (which contains full details of the prescription) to be evidence that it is prescribed to me, and so has every customs officer I've presented it to (I've actively done so in countries where it's been ambiguous).

But is this correct? In England, if you have a paper prescription, you give it to the pharmacist and you don't get it back - you may get a slip which allows you to tick for repeats, but that's it. If you have repeats, you usually get them on e-prescription anyway, meaning you don't have a piece of paper to start with.
just ask the doctor to give you a signed letter stating your name, the prescription drug name and the reason you're taking it.... I don't know any doctor who won't provide such letters.

(unless the prescription is for medical marijuana or other controversial drug like that)