FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada ranks dead last among large NA carriers for On-Time Performance, Again
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:59 am
346fetish

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
For the month of January of 2018, only 52.1% of flights by AC actually arrived on time.
On the plus side, AC actually beat Sunwing and Air Inuit, so its not a complete poop show... yet?
In fact, no other major carriers even come to close to the absolute awful record AC has manages to top.
I don't even want to post UA/DL/AA figures because it would look made AC look comically worse than it already manage to poop the bed.

Comparison to West Jet : 63.1%
Comparison to Jet Blue: ~66%
Even Porter managed to reach 55%
All three airlines above essentially hubs in cold areas similar to AC.
DL: 80.4%
UA: 78.7%
AA: 78.1%

For the month of December 2017, only 51.9% of flights by AC actually arrived on time.
Comparison to West Jet : 58.8%
Comparison to Jet Blue: ~73.5%
DL: 80.2%
UA: 80%
AA: 78.7%

For detail info
Jan Report: https://www.oag.com/hubfs/Monthly_OT...f-4c7fb7c05ca2
Dec Report: https://www.oag.com/hubfs/Monthly_OT...6-d74285bc8b5c

Yo AC execs, I know some of you guys read this, so maybe get your act together because that four star logo is almost a satire at this point?

On the other hand I am thrilled to find out if AC manage to take the crown next month.

1. Why are you even comparing DL to AC? Delta's main hub is ATL which has seen 6 snow days between 2012 and 2016. Between 1981 and 2010, YUL has seen an average of 60 snow days per year. De-icing immensely affects your OTP, even in different types of snowfalls (wings and stab type 1 vs full body treatment type 1 + 4). I've also recently noticed a change in procedures for A320 family type at Air Canada where mechanics inspect the CFM56 blades and intake on the pad during heavy snow fall.

2. I also don't believe it's justifiable to compare PD or even WS with Air Canada. I've seen focus flights being pushed to their departure time limit in order for passengers to connect. Point to point and hub & spoke networks are two different animals.

3. Yes some airlines such as Delta and Ryanair allow more buffer in order to have better OTP, there's certainly a reason why AC isn't opting for that. Even though I wish I knew, I don't have an answer for that.