FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Consolidated]
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:47 am
jmastron

Originally Posted by jmastron
Thanks, I think you're both right, and I should have selected E- or no seats when booking. Looks like I have 3 options now -- try to change the current reservation's seats to E- then back to E+, cancel and rebook (still within 24 hours), or get on the phone to either/both of UA and the TA tomorrow. I think that's the order I'll try them.
To follow up, I ended up changing the seats to E-, saving, then going back and selecting my original E+ seats and paying for them, all on united.com. That seems to have worked.

And to answer another question -- now that I've paid, when I go in to seat selection, it looks like I could switch among seats at the same price without paying again. Here's the message that appears:
  • If your new seat costs less than your original seat choice, you won’t receive a refund for the price difference.
  • If your new seat costs more than your original seat choice, you’ll receive a refund for your original seat purchase and will begin a new transaction.