FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:44 pm
Burch1

Programs: UA, Hyatt, Avis
Visa's

Originally Posted by synthkeys
Just got my APEC card on 2/24 after applying on 2/13 and getting the signature at EWR on 2/14. The CBP agent who processed me said I would get the card in a few months, but I knew it would come sooner. Questions asked at the interview/signing was simply how many times per year I travel to Asia.

One of the earlier sources of confusion has been on the use of this card as a replacement for a visa to participating countries. I took a picture of the bottom of the document that accompanied the card. The last bullet point definitively states that US ABTC holders still require a visa and that the US does not participate in the APEC pre-clearance visa free travel scheme.
The visa confusion exists because other APAC countries have their visa's listed on the back side of the card whereas our card is blank on the back.
That is why you will see some custom agents turn your card over to look for these visas.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 25, 2018 at 9:41 pm Reason: Fix BB code